Saturday, July 20, 2019

Change is in the Air

In.. Out. Silently I count my breaths as I realize that change is constant & although right now it may have made my eyelids pour, it's not meant to last, it's just an emotion; this too shall pass.
No one can reach out for me but me.
Only I can pull myself out, or let it all just be. You can say what you want but cannot force me to listen, I'll emerge with that sweat brought by toil I will glitter & glisten.
Life isn't a cruise & neither is it a steady toil, we make mistakes, get back up on the saddle, or other times we could wind up swinging a cradle.
Compare my verses to my errors, but what is even a face without its fair share of freckles?
Quality shows when you don't break down,
Scream at yourself drowning in your own sound.
But nothing could move my core, I'll always be the same me, though things aren't the same anymore.
Everything I am, it is what it is, what I made myself out to be, for lights yet there but far from within my reach. Once again I made the same mistake, I loved a friend & it just wasn't meant to be.
I'm locking me up inside my self, wake me up when September ends.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fast Forward This Life

 Can we just take a deep breath and not dwell on our past now? It's our past for a reason. It does not define who we are now or what we ...