Saturday, April 11, 2020

Will you be my Quarantine?

I didn't know what I was in for when I first met you. You seemed like a summer fling to wish upon and then say goodbye, my dear quarantine.
Now that I'm stuck with you, let's see what I can do.
Play my piano, tune my guitar, paint on canvases, listen to records, workout, meditate, write poems, read them too. UHH read a book, DIYs, switch to a board and lo! Its puzzle time! 
Exhaust my list, get bored, open the fridge, get disappointed when food fails to materialize.
It's tough keeping my spirits high when all I can hear about is people dying. But you have to put on a brave face, wear your pajamas and cry inside. This is your chance to save the world, relish these few months and be a hero for life. 
I've never enjoyed a game of chess more than I did this lockdown with dad and a game of monopoly or some scrabble with mom.
Be a brand new you every day. Live like you haven't lived before, upload photos like the internet's broke, do whatever you wished to do like you don't do anymore. You may never live through a pandemic ever again. Call your family, friends, relatives and express your concern and love for them. Reminiscence the good ol' days and relive some moments, open old photographs, have a banana. It doesn't make sense but neither does this China made disease, with no expiry or vaccine. Might just turn out to be this whole conspiracy to bring down the economy and make some cash easily.
But what can you do? Think positive and...
Re-discover yourself as you spend time alone, follow your hobbies, interests, who knows you might turn out to be the next Ambani. Also, it looks like there'll be a lockdown extension even till my Shaadi.
My funny Quarantine, you are making me fall in love with myself all over again, you give me crazy ideas and motivation to be stronger every hour, minute and second of the day. Lots of Love from my multifaceted self. A godly freak, a twerking geek.
Don't forget to like share, comment or subscribe, to my quirky perspective on life.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fast Forward This Life

 Can we just take a deep breath and not dwell on our past now? It's our past for a reason. It does not define who we are now or what we ...