Monday, April 26, 2021

A Chapter in My Life

It was that one night, that changed my life forever.
And I knew nothing would ever be the same again.
Words wouldn't do it justice, neither would my memory, but just for the sake of documenting it somewhere, here goes the tale.
It was a regular night, I was out at my boyfriend's place indulging in smoking, not just cigarettes, but also the special grass that made Bob Marley famous. Weed. Ganja, or simply put, Maal.
Something was going to happen tonight, of which I wasn't a part, yet. But I wanted to be.
Bubbling beside me with literal happiness was  X. (Bc that's what he is to me now, my ex) I asked him what the deal was, he'd just gotten off a phone call. E, he said. What? I didn't get him the first time. So, "Ecstasy." He repeated himself for me. Oh! The most popular club drug? What about it? "We're popping tonight," he said. It was an entirely different world, the one with drugs that must not be named.
"How much does one cost?" I was curious, naturally. "750 rupees" he retorted. I didn't think twice before saying that I wanted in too. After much trouble of rearranging the doses so I would fit in, I became a part of the plan, money was never a problem. We would pop with a few of our friends who stayed in the adjoining tower. A new experience, I told myself. I was intrigued as to what would happen as the night progressed.
We met our friends from tower 3 at around 11 in the night. The air itself was buzzing with anticipation, by 11:30pm the boys and I had the pill down our throats and that's where the 12-hour journey that would fundamentally change me, began.
One hour later.
Boom, boom, boom, the music ran through my eardrums, reminding me to get up on my feet, if only I could feel them. The room was blasting with psytrance and all I knew was that my vision had become 1000% more enhanced and I could see everything in absolute slow motion, per se. 
I hadn't eaten anything the entire day and I knew I needed fuel but it seemed like my body was a separate entity and all it wanted was to writhe in this newfound happiness. I'd never felt so happy in a long time, I kept sucking on my lips the drive was so strong. I'd never feel like that again ever. I knew. I looked around and took in the details, of the people who were present, my feelings, emotions, the music, the vibe, and everything else. It was a night to remember. Which for the life of me I cannot recall entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fast Forward This Life

 Can we just take a deep breath and not dwell on our past now? It's our past for a reason. It does not define who we are now or what we ...