Monday, April 26, 2021

Greek Gods

 Summer, I fell for you 

autumn came too fast

I knew that our love

surely wouldn't last 

never said too much 

didn't even touch

but you knew I had 

half of you in hand 

talk over the phone 

hours on end you know 

slowly turned to stone 

you were insecure 

own me like I'm yours

show what you stand for 

didn't know better 

you are who I chose

always had to prove 

I was in love too 

trust just wasn't us 

knew I knew too much 

you didn't want to lose 

to someone like you 

told me not to speak 

keep my eyes covered 

said people will judge

it's not a problem


Calling me at 3

asking if I'm free

yes for you baby 

I could lose some sleep

Saw some pics online 

with some friends of mine 

He said he was so shocked 

But I said I didn't cheat and 

Now that it's come to this 

it's either me or them 

He said he'd hurt himself 

If I didn't come through for him

should've listened to my friends

they told me he's crazy 

Just like he said they would

Been a year since we met though

Now all I did was cry 

he said no telling lies

He knew I talked to guys 

There's no love in his eyes

Yes I spoke to boys 

I liked being free 

I was just 16

Yes I made new friends 

We spoke a little less  

I was done with you

what you said was true 

I wanted to live 

Like you said I would

And one day, I just left.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fast Forward This Life

 Can we just take a deep breath and not dwell on our past now? It's our past for a reason. It does not define who we are now or what we ...